We’re guessing that the 2019 Ford Ranger will have some similar feature to the 2012 European version, shown here.
If you’re not excited yet, you should be: Ford has announced the Ford Ranger pickup will return to the United States in 2019. So start packing for your next big adventure now, because the 2019 Ford Ranger is sure to deliver all the rugged capability you’ll need to press on when the main road ends and the backcountry begins. This ultra-versatile truck is sure to be a massive hit for the adventurous, the brave, the curious, and those who simply love a good time.
Still available in pretty much every market besides North America, details about the new 2019 Ford Ranger are still emerging. It seems quite clear, though, that the new Ranger—set to be built in Ford Michigan assembly plant and sold in the US—won’t be the same as the Ranger currently available elsewhere in the world. For now, all we can do is speculate about what a North American Ranger will look and feel like.
All Ford has confirmed is that the American Ranger will get its own “front styling, engines, and features.” And while this might seem like very little to get excited about, the prospect of a newly reengineered Ford Ranger is a lot to look forward to. In the meantime, stop by Highway Ford and stay in the know as more details emerge about the 2019 Ford Ranger.
The DeRidder High School football team is back in action for the fall 2017 season! The DeRidder Dragons will play nine games from September through November, so don’t forget to come out to the games at home and support your local sports teams.
DeRidder had its first home game against Washington-Marion of Lake Charles last week, and the next game will take place at Jennings High School in Jennings. The game after that will be another away game, this one at Natchitoches Central High School in Natchitoches.
The Dragons’ next home game is on September 29, against Pickering. There are three home games left in the season after this one, including the last game on November 3, providing plenty of opportunities for fans to go out and watch a game in DeRidder. The other games of the season will take place in Tioga and Buckeye.
At Highway Ford, we’re proud to be part of a community that’s so supportive of its local sports teams like the DeRidder Dragons. Find out more about the season here, and check out the merchandise available so you can show off your DeRidder pride, look at the roster, and much more. Have a great season, team.
When it comes to advanced vehicle technology, there is no name in the industry more qualified than Ford. Ford is constantly developing new technologies to not only make driving more responsive, but also safer. Ford is currently creating initiatives to advance their vehicle’s driving and safety capabilities to a whole new level.
According to a Ford press release, Ford unveiled its next generation of crash avoidance technologies.
Ford vehicles already come equipped with some of the most advanced safety systems in the automotive industry, such as adaptive cruise control. However, the latest batch of Ford technologies is set to make Ford vehicles even safer.
Among those new safety systems is Ford’s cross-traffic alert with braking technology, a systems that not only makes driving safer for the drivers, but also for the pedestrians around them.
“Driver-assist technologies help us all be better drivers because they enhance our ability to see and sense the road around us,” said Scott Lindstrom, manager for driver-assist and active safety at Ford. “Ford’s investment in research and development is paying off by accelerating innovation to expand our portfolio of driver-assist technologies that deliver functionality and performance that customers will value.”
When it comes to making sure that vehicles are safe, Ford is ready to explore new technologies in order to go the extra mile for safety! Check out the latest Ford has to offer at Highway Ford today!
The Louisiana State University Tigers are one of the most talented and successful college sport teams in the nation. 2016 has certainly been an exciting year for the Tigers, but the season is not over yet. There are still a few more games to go, so make sure that you don’t miss these upcoming LSU Tigers Football games.
LSU Tigers vs. Florida Gators (November 19)
The Tigers’ match against the Florida Gators was postponed to November 19. Now these two college football heavyweights will meet up for a game that is sure to be filled with edge-of-your-seat action.
LSU Tigers vs. Texas A&M Aggies (November 24)
On Turkey Day, the LSU Tiger will throw the pigskin in a matchup with the Texas A&M Aggies. It’s an exciting way to celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday!
SEC Championship Game (December 3)
December 3 marks the date of the SEC Championship Game. Stay tuned to see how far the Tigers advance in the Championship in their pursuit of victory.
Make sure you root for the LSU Tigers during the final days of the college football season this year. We hope to see them advance to the SEC Championship game on Thanksgiving. Here at Highway Ford, we will rooting for the Tigers and watching them as well!
The temperatures outside are starting to plummet, and you know what that means: winter weather driving conditions will soon be upon us. Thankfully, you can combat these hazardous roads with excellent preparation.
Here are some winter weather car prep tips to get you started:
- Check on your tire pressure and alignment, making sure that the pressure matches the manufacturer’s recommended amount.
- Ensure that you have enough fresh coolant, keeping your engine from freezing and preventing corrosion over time.
- Stock your vehicle with an ice scraper, a shovel, and a pair of hardy gloves. This way, when the first snowfall comes, you will be ready.
- Consider making sure that your heating works now, before it gets too cold. You won’t want to discover that it is broken on the first frigid day of the year.
- Evaluate your current level of windshield wiper fluid, make sure that you have enough, and consider switching to winter-grade fluid.
- Lastly, add an extra coat, extra hat, and maybe even a blanket to your trunk. If you ever find yourself stuck somewhere in the cold, you will be glad to have them!
For more winter weather driving safety information, or to start your season out with a new car, contact us or visit us anytime at Highway Ford!
Ford’s stellar lineup of performance vehicles is more popular than ever, and the numbers prove it. In fact, Ford performance cars are currently on track to break sales records this year, with tons of drivers snatching up the Ford Mustang, Ford Focus RS and ST, and Ford Fiesta ST.
More than 200,000 individual Ford performance cars are expected to be sold this year, all throughout the world, which is astonishingly more than twice the amount of Ford performance cars sold a few years ago.
And these sales aren’t expected to slow down anytime soon. Ford even has additional performance models planned for the future, with about half a dozen new performance vehicles slated to be released before the decade ends.
If you are interested in a Ford performance car, you should visit us before it is too late! Demand for the Shelby GT350 and GT350R is out of control, with an endless list of order commitments, and the Focus RS is almost entirely sold out, due to global interest.
Ford performance vehicles have never been hotter! Contact us or visit us anytime, here at Highway Ford, to learn more about Ford performance vehicles or to take one out on a test drive, before they disappear.
Your tires are one of the most important parts of your vehicle, making sure it runs smoothly and effectively, both improving your fuel economy and reducing the possibility of accidents on the road. This is why it is vital to keep them in good shape.
Thankfully, it’s easy to make sure your tires are still good quality from home, by measuring two major aspects: tire pressure and tire tread.
The right tire pressure keeps your tires working properly and also prevents your tires from experiencing a blowout. You can determine the appropriate tire pressure by checking your owner’s manual.
These days, many newer cars have tire pressure monitoring systems that will let you know when one of the tires’ pressure is low, but you can also purchase an affordable, quality tire gauge to check from home. Tires can be inflated easily with hardware you can buy and keep in your car.
As for tire tread, all you need is a simple penny. Place the penny in between the tread, and rotate it so that Lincoln’s head is facing towards the tire. If you can see his entire head still, then your tire tread is worn down too much, but if the top of his head is covered by the tread, then you are good to go.
For more tips and tricks, feel free to visit us anytime at Highway Ford!
2016 Ford Focus RS Pictured
Hennessey Performance has seriously raised the bar for the 2017 Ford Focus RS, increasing the horsepower and torque production in the already powerful vehicle from 350 horsepower and 350 lb-ft of torque to 405 horsepower and 425 lb-ft of torque.
Many would have said that the 350 hp and 350 lb-ft of torque was clearly enough, but there’s never enough for Hennessey Performance. And they did everything they could to make this beast of a car just a bit more beastly.
The Hennessey Performance Ford Focus RS package, HPE400, also comes with a long list of additional upgrades, including a high-flow air filter and a stainless steel exhaust upgrade which is aimed to make the vehicle’s exhaust even louder, just for the thrills.
As for just how quickly the Ford Focus RS can accelerate with this package, we do not know yet, but the basic version of the car already can go from zero to 60 miles per hour in a mere 4.6 seconds. There’s no telling just how powerful it could get with this package.
If you’re interested in learning more about the 2017 Ford Focus RS or its Hennessey Performance upgrade, feel free to contact us or visit us anytime at Highway Ford.
Spending the hot summer days having fun is one thing but kicking back and relaxing is another. Not every summer day has to be an adventure, unlike most movies say. Sometimes the best way to spend the day is relaxing in the peace and quiet. Here at Highway Ford, we have some of the best summer activities to help you make the most of the season!
- Hammock – There’s nothing quite like spending an afternoon under a tree or on the porch. A decent hammock doesn’t cost much in terms of money and is an incredibly relaxing way to spend the day. It doesn’t take long to set up, and provided you can get everyone to leave you alone, napping in the shade is one of the best ways to relax.
- Grill – Summer is a great time to try a new grilling recipe. Whether it’s for yourself or you use your family and friends as guinea pigs, this is the season to try something new! Grilling recipes are easily accessible online and through physical cookbooks. Pick one that’s right for you and give it a shot!
- Swim – One of the most obvious ways to spend the summer, swimming provides a way to cool off as well as getting the kids active. Head to the local swimming hole or pool and splash around for the day!
Taking your family pet along for a vacation is a great way to create memories that will last a lifetime. Most pets aren’t used to long car rides so there’s a few things you can do to make them more comfortable. Here’s everything you need to know about traveling with pets from us here at Highway Ford.
- Vehicle – While small dogs might be perfectly content in a sedan, larger dogs can quickly become a problem. Rather than make the trip miserable, consider taking a larger vehicle on the road. Crossovers are nearly as fuel efficient as sedans and offer more space for your canine to move around and get comfortable.
- Driving – A dog sticking its head out the window may look cool in the movies but it can be dangerous on the road. Other vehicles might kick up stones and other debris that could cause injury to your pet. Most pets aren’t used to long road trips so make sure to stop every few hours so they can stretch and take a break.
- Behavior – Like kids (and, let’s face it, some adults), pets can quickly find long road trips very boring relatively quickly. That’s why it’s a smart idea to bring a new or favorite toy for them to play with. If your dog is picky, go for an old favorite while more energetic dogs might enjoy a new toy instead.