The temperatures outside are starting to plummet, and you know what that means: winter weather driving conditions will soon be upon us. Thankfully, you can combat these hazardous roads with excellent preparation.
Here are some winter weather car prep tips to get you started:
- Check on your tire pressure and alignment, making sure that the pressure matches the manufacturer’s recommended amount.
- Ensure that you have enough fresh coolant, keeping your engine from freezing and preventing corrosion over time.
- Stock your vehicle with an ice scraper, a shovel, and a pair of hardy gloves. This way, when the first snowfall comes, you will be ready.
- Consider making sure that your heating works now, before it gets too cold. You won’t want to discover that it is broken on the first frigid day of the year.
- Evaluate your current level of windshield wiper fluid, make sure that you have enough, and consider switching to winter-grade fluid.
- Lastly, add an extra coat, extra hat, and maybe even a blanket to your trunk. If you ever find yourself stuck somewhere in the cold, you will be glad to have them!
For more winter weather driving safety information, or to start your season out with a new car, contact us or visit us anytime at Highway Ford!