Responsible car owners know that keeping your car clean all year round can be a bit of a hassle, but it has to be done. Most drivers tend to hold back on cleaning the car during winter weather for obvious reasons. Spring brings warmer weather, which means this is the perfect time to clean out your car. Here are a few spring car cleaning tips from us here at Highway Ford!
- Trunk – Some drivers tend to load their trunk up with items that they don’t want to take inside to limit their time in the cold. Remove the items and put them in their proper place. Take the time to check the spare tire while you’re at it, while adding an emergency kit wouldn’t be a bad idea.
- Wheels – The wheels of a car tend to collect dirt, grime, and salt throughout winter. Remove the hubcaps and scrub them clean, then move on to the tires and wheel wells. Once everything is nice and shiny, replace the hubcaps, tighten the lug nuts, and check the tire pressure.
- Wax – Washing your car is a given, but waxing is a good idea as well. A sleek coat of wax can help protect paint and keep your car looking pristine. Take your time to do the job right, and your car will shine in the sunlight in no time!
The Big Game has come and gone, and it brought another win for New England, who made a spectacular comeback in the second half! Even if you weren’t interested in the game itself, odds are you’ve seen the commercials. Ford’s new advertisement aired prior to kickoff, and it put a focus on mobility rather than a shiny new car. Boasting the “Go Further” tagline, the ad showed off a long list of Ford products.
The 90-second ad spent the first minutes showing the various mobility-oriented problems people end up stuck in, including a cat with a box on its head. The focus then shifts to a list of various Ford products that arrive to save the day.
The Ford F-150 pulls a car from a snowbank. A navigation system offers a clear pathway to a destination. The Ford GT got its own spotlight, as did autonomous technology. An electric car pointed toward Ford’s available electric lineup. The Ford GoBike bike-sharing program also had its seconds of fame.
While we aren’t really sure if there’s a Ford product to help the cat with a box stuck on its head, Ford made its message clear. Being on the cutting edge isn’t easy, but the engineers at Ford are going above and beyond to ensure mobility for all.
We here at Highway Ford extend our congratulations to New England and Atlanta for a well-played game!
Automakers across the board are working to develop new, more sophisticated technologies to further advance the automotive industry. Ford announced that it will seek to fund its latest batch of technology through a long-term debt plan. The move will mark the first time in four years that Ford has added to its debt—and it couldn’t be for a better reason.
Ford’s new technology will cover a range of areas, including electric vehicles, self-driving cars, and alternative mobility, like ride-sharing services.
“It’s a supportive marketplace for long-term debt given where rates are, and we want to make sure that throughout the cycle of the industry we have the flexibility to do what we need to do and want to do, especially in the emerging part of the business,” said Joe Hinrichs, Ford Americas President.
Ford is targeting the large SUV segment specifically when it comes to new technologies. General Motors has dominated the market past few years, but recent updates to the Ford Explorer have put it back on track as a true competitor.
The Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator will undergo their first full redesign in nearly 15 years, effectively giving General Motors a run for the market. Amid extra funding, Ford’s technology will likely come at an accelerated rate as well.
Here at Highway Ford, we’re pumped to see such a dedicated automaker working tirelessly to develop new technologies!
It can be difficult to get outside during winter, especially if you live in a particularly cold environment. That can lead to a buildup of energy and restlessness in both kids and adults. Fortunately, not all hope is lost once the first snow hits the ground. We here at Highway Ford have a few fun outdoor winter activities we’d like to recommend so you don’t have to stay inside all season long!
- Sledding – A classic winter pastime, sledding is still incredibly popular in most communities. All you need is a sled and a hill with snow on it. For this, check out local area businesses that generally don’t operate during winter, like golf courses. If all else fails, head to a local hill and start sledding!
- Paint – In order to create snow paint, all you need is food coloring and a spray bottle. Hand the bottles off to the kids and let them paint your yard a variety of colors. You’re bound to have the most interesting snow-covered yard in town!
- Photography – When all else fails, grab your camera (or smartphone) and take pictures. You never know what gorgeous landscape you might capture. Don’t forget to take a few pictures of the kids as well so you have something to look back on in the future!
Ford is the latest automaker to unveil a new SUV to be added to its lineup ahead of the Los Angeles Auto Show. The new Ford EcoSport SUV will join the brand sometime in 2018. The announcement of the new model also comes with a twist, though. In a first for Detroit-based automakers, Ford will import the EcoSport SUV from India.
The Ford EcoSport SUV has been made in India since 2013. The crossover will be making its global debut in just a few years. The model is currently built in six locations and also sold in over 100 markets. The United States will be the latest addition to the EcoSport’s portfolio.
Ford SUV Sales
The American brand has sold more than 12 million SUVs globally over the past 25 years, with more than 1.7 million EcoSports being sold since its introduction in 2003. That’s a major chunk of Ford’s global SUV sales, and with the United States market next on the list that number is only going to grow.
The Ford EcoSport will compete with the likes of the Honda HR-V and Chevrolet Trax when it arrives in 2018.
We here at Highway Ford can’t wait for the arrival of the new EcoSport SUV!
Thanksgiving is over and many travelers are already back at home, but Christmas is in just a few weeks—that means many will be hitting the road once again. Whether you plan on driving or flying, there are number of useful tips to make your holiday travels easier. We here at Highway Ford have some helpful holiday travel tips to help you arrive at your destination with minimal stress.
- Planning – If you will be traveling for the holidays, now is the perfect time to start planning. Get your plane tickets and do whatever necessary tasks have to be completed before leaving. Make sure to pack a few days in advance so you don’t forget anything, put a hold on the mail, and stop the local newspaper if you receive one. Drivers would do well to plan out their route ahead of time to avoid any snags.
- Earplugs – Airports and car rides with the family can be loud and, by extension, irritating. Make sure to pack earplugs to avoid any loud children or chatty adults. It wouldn’t be a bad idea to bring an eye mask as well if you intend on sleeping along the way.
- Eat – Foregoing meals is a very fast way to a short temper and bad attitude. Make sure to eat something every few hours, especially if you’re hungry, to keep your temper in check and avoid blowing up at a helpless flight attendant.
When it comes to advanced vehicle technology, there is no name in the industry more qualified than Ford. Ford is constantly developing new technologies to not only make driving more responsive, but also safer. Ford is currently creating initiatives to advance their vehicle’s driving and safety capabilities to a whole new level.
According to a Ford press release, Ford unveiled its next generation of crash avoidance technologies.
Ford vehicles already come equipped with some of the most advanced safety systems in the automotive industry, such as adaptive cruise control. However, the latest batch of Ford technologies is set to make Ford vehicles even safer.
Among those new safety systems is Ford’s cross-traffic alert with braking technology, a systems that not only makes driving safer for the drivers, but also for the pedestrians around them.
“Driver-assist technologies help us all be better drivers because they enhance our ability to see and sense the road around us,” said Scott Lindstrom, manager for driver-assist and active safety at Ford. “Ford’s investment in research and development is paying off by accelerating innovation to expand our portfolio of driver-assist technologies that deliver functionality and performance that customers will value.”
When it comes to making sure that vehicles are safe, Ford is ready to explore new technologies in order to go the extra mile for safety! Check out the latest Ford has to offer at Highway Ford today!
The Louisiana State University Tigers are one of the most talented and successful college sport teams in the nation. 2016 has certainly been an exciting year for the Tigers, but the season is not over yet. There are still a few more games to go, so make sure that you don’t miss these upcoming LSU Tigers Football games.
LSU Tigers vs. Florida Gators (November 19)
The Tigers’ match against the Florida Gators was postponed to November 19. Now these two college football heavyweights will meet up for a game that is sure to be filled with edge-of-your-seat action.
LSU Tigers vs. Texas A&M Aggies (November 24)
On Turkey Day, the LSU Tiger will throw the pigskin in a matchup with the Texas A&M Aggies. It’s an exciting way to celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday!
SEC Championship Game (December 3)
December 3 marks the date of the SEC Championship Game. Stay tuned to see how far the Tigers advance in the Championship in their pursuit of victory.
Make sure you root for the LSU Tigers during the final days of the college football season this year. We hope to see them advance to the SEC Championship game on Thanksgiving. Here at Highway Ford, we will rooting for the Tigers and watching them as well!
The temperatures outside are starting to plummet, and you know what that means: winter weather driving conditions will soon be upon us. Thankfully, you can combat these hazardous roads with excellent preparation.
Here are some winter weather car prep tips to get you started:
- Check on your tire pressure and alignment, making sure that the pressure matches the manufacturer’s recommended amount.
- Ensure that you have enough fresh coolant, keeping your engine from freezing and preventing corrosion over time.
- Stock your vehicle with an ice scraper, a shovel, and a pair of hardy gloves. This way, when the first snowfall comes, you will be ready.
- Consider making sure that your heating works now, before it gets too cold. You won’t want to discover that it is broken on the first frigid day of the year.
- Evaluate your current level of windshield wiper fluid, make sure that you have enough, and consider switching to winter-grade fluid.
- Lastly, add an extra coat, extra hat, and maybe even a blanket to your trunk. If you ever find yourself stuck somewhere in the cold, you will be glad to have them!
For more winter weather driving safety information, or to start your season out with a new car, contact us or visit us anytime at Highway Ford!
Ford’s stellar lineup of performance vehicles is more popular than ever, and the numbers prove it. In fact, Ford performance cars are currently on track to break sales records this year, with tons of drivers snatching up the Ford Mustang, Ford Focus RS and ST, and Ford Fiesta ST.
More than 200,000 individual Ford performance cars are expected to be sold this year, all throughout the world, which is astonishingly more than twice the amount of Ford performance cars sold a few years ago.
And these sales aren’t expected to slow down anytime soon. Ford even has additional performance models planned for the future, with about half a dozen new performance vehicles slated to be released before the decade ends.
If you are interested in a Ford performance car, you should visit us before it is too late! Demand for the Shelby GT350 and GT350R is out of control, with an endless list of order commitments, and the Focus RS is almost entirely sold out, due to global interest.
Ford performance vehicles have never been hotter! Contact us or visit us anytime, here at Highway Ford, to learn more about Ford performance vehicles or to take one out on a test drive, before they disappear.