It can be difficult to get outside during winter, especially if you live in a particularly cold environment. That can lead to a buildup of energy and restlessness in both kids and adults. Fortunately, not all hope is lost once the first snow hits the ground. We here at Highway Ford have a few fun outdoor winter activities we’d like to recommend so you don’t have to stay inside all season long!
- Sledding – A classic winter pastime, sledding is still incredibly popular in most communities. All you need is a sled and a hill with snow on it. For this, check out local area businesses that generally don’t operate during winter, like golf courses. If all else fails, head to a local hill and start sledding!
- Paint – In order to create snow paint, all you need is food coloring and a spray bottle. Hand the bottles off to the kids and let them paint your yard a variety of colors. You’re bound to have the most interesting snow-covered yard in town!
- Photography – When all else fails, grab your camera (or smartphone) and take pictures. You never know what gorgeous landscape you might capture. Don’t forget to take a few pictures of the kids as well so you have something to look back on in the future!
Ford is the latest automaker to unveil a new SUV to be added to its lineup ahead of the Los Angeles Auto Show. The new Ford EcoSport SUV will join the brand sometime in 2018. The announcement of the new model also comes with a twist, though. In a first for Detroit-based automakers, Ford will import the EcoSport SUV from India.
The Ford EcoSport SUV has been made in India since 2013. The crossover will be making its global debut in just a few years. The model is currently built in six locations and also sold in over 100 markets. The United States will be the latest addition to the EcoSport’s portfolio.
Ford SUV Sales
The American brand has sold more than 12 million SUVs globally over the past 25 years, with more than 1.7 million EcoSports being sold since its introduction in 2003. That’s a major chunk of Ford’s global SUV sales, and with the United States market next on the list that number is only going to grow.
The Ford EcoSport will compete with the likes of the Honda HR-V and Chevrolet Trax when it arrives in 2018.
We here at Highway Ford can’t wait for the arrival of the new EcoSport SUV!
Thanksgiving is over and many travelers are already back at home, but Christmas is in just a few weeks—that means many will be hitting the road once again. Whether you plan on driving or flying, there are number of useful tips to make your holiday travels easier. We here at Highway Ford have some helpful holiday travel tips to help you arrive at your destination with minimal stress.
- Planning – If you will be traveling for the holidays, now is the perfect time to start planning. Get your plane tickets and do whatever necessary tasks have to be completed before leaving. Make sure to pack a few days in advance so you don’t forget anything, put a hold on the mail, and stop the local newspaper if you receive one. Drivers would do well to plan out their route ahead of time to avoid any snags.
- Earplugs – Airports and car rides with the family can be loud and, by extension, irritating. Make sure to pack earplugs to avoid any loud children or chatty adults. It wouldn’t be a bad idea to bring an eye mask as well if you intend on sleeping along the way.
- Eat – Foregoing meals is a very fast way to a short temper and bad attitude. Make sure to eat something every few hours, especially if you’re hungry, to keep your temper in check and avoid blowing up at a helpless flight attendant.
When it comes to advanced vehicle technology, there is no name in the industry more qualified than Ford. Ford is constantly developing new technologies to not only make driving more responsive, but also safer. Ford is currently creating initiatives to advance their vehicle’s driving and safety capabilities to a whole new level.
According to a Ford press release, Ford unveiled its next generation of crash avoidance technologies.
Ford vehicles already come equipped with some of the most advanced safety systems in the automotive industry, such as adaptive cruise control. However, the latest batch of Ford technologies is set to make Ford vehicles even safer.
Among those new safety systems is Ford’s cross-traffic alert with braking technology, a systems that not only makes driving safer for the drivers, but also for the pedestrians around them.
“Driver-assist technologies help us all be better drivers because they enhance our ability to see and sense the road around us,” said Scott Lindstrom, manager for driver-assist and active safety at Ford. “Ford’s investment in research and development is paying off by accelerating innovation to expand our portfolio of driver-assist technologies that deliver functionality and performance that customers will value.”
When it comes to making sure that vehicles are safe, Ford is ready to explore new technologies in order to go the extra mile for safety! Check out the latest Ford has to offer at Highway Ford today!
The Louisiana State University Tigers are one of the most talented and successful college sport teams in the nation. 2016 has certainly been an exciting year for the Tigers, but the season is not over yet. There are still a few more games to go, so make sure that you don’t miss these upcoming LSU Tigers Football games.
LSU Tigers vs. Florida Gators (November 19)
The Tigers’ match against the Florida Gators was postponed to November 19. Now these two college football heavyweights will meet up for a game that is sure to be filled with edge-of-your-seat action.
LSU Tigers vs. Texas A&M Aggies (November 24)
On Turkey Day, the LSU Tiger will throw the pigskin in a matchup with the Texas A&M Aggies. It’s an exciting way to celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday!
SEC Championship Game (December 3)
December 3 marks the date of the SEC Championship Game. Stay tuned to see how far the Tigers advance in the Championship in their pursuit of victory.
Make sure you root for the LSU Tigers during the final days of the college football season this year. We hope to see them advance to the SEC Championship game on Thanksgiving. Here at Highway Ford, we will rooting for the Tigers and watching them as well!
The temperatures outside are starting to plummet, and you know what that means: winter weather driving conditions will soon be upon us. Thankfully, you can combat these hazardous roads with excellent preparation.
Here are some winter weather car prep tips to get you started:
- Check on your tire pressure and alignment, making sure that the pressure matches the manufacturer’s recommended amount.
- Ensure that you have enough fresh coolant, keeping your engine from freezing and preventing corrosion over time.
- Stock your vehicle with an ice scraper, a shovel, and a pair of hardy gloves. This way, when the first snowfall comes, you will be ready.
- Consider making sure that your heating works now, before it gets too cold. You won’t want to discover that it is broken on the first frigid day of the year.
- Evaluate your current level of windshield wiper fluid, make sure that you have enough, and consider switching to winter-grade fluid.
- Lastly, add an extra coat, extra hat, and maybe even a blanket to your trunk. If you ever find yourself stuck somewhere in the cold, you will be glad to have them!
For more winter weather driving safety information, or to start your season out with a new car, contact us or visit us anytime at Highway Ford!
Ford’s stellar lineup of performance vehicles is more popular than ever, and the numbers prove it. In fact, Ford performance cars are currently on track to break sales records this year, with tons of drivers snatching up the Ford Mustang, Ford Focus RS and ST, and Ford Fiesta ST.
More than 200,000 individual Ford performance cars are expected to be sold this year, all throughout the world, which is astonishingly more than twice the amount of Ford performance cars sold a few years ago.
And these sales aren’t expected to slow down anytime soon. Ford even has additional performance models planned for the future, with about half a dozen new performance vehicles slated to be released before the decade ends.
If you are interested in a Ford performance car, you should visit us before it is too late! Demand for the Shelby GT350 and GT350R is out of control, with an endless list of order commitments, and the Focus RS is almost entirely sold out, due to global interest.
Ford performance vehicles have never been hotter! Contact us or visit us anytime, here at Highway Ford, to learn more about Ford performance vehicles or to take one out on a test drive, before they disappear.
Your tires are one of the most important parts of your vehicle, making sure it runs smoothly and effectively, both improving your fuel economy and reducing the possibility of accidents on the road. This is why it is vital to keep them in good shape.
Thankfully, it’s easy to make sure your tires are still good quality from home, by measuring two major aspects: tire pressure and tire tread.
The right tire pressure keeps your tires working properly and also prevents your tires from experiencing a blowout. You can determine the appropriate tire pressure by checking your owner’s manual.
These days, many newer cars have tire pressure monitoring systems that will let you know when one of the tires’ pressure is low, but you can also purchase an affordable, quality tire gauge to check from home. Tires can be inflated easily with hardware you can buy and keep in your car.
As for tire tread, all you need is a simple penny. Place the penny in between the tread, and rotate it so that Lincoln’s head is facing towards the tire. If you can see his entire head still, then your tire tread is worn down too much, but if the top of his head is covered by the tread, then you are good to go.
For more tips and tricks, feel free to visit us anytime at Highway Ford!
2016 Ford Focus RS Pictured
Hennessey Performance has seriously raised the bar for the 2017 Ford Focus RS, increasing the horsepower and torque production in the already powerful vehicle from 350 horsepower and 350 lb-ft of torque to 405 horsepower and 425 lb-ft of torque.
Many would have said that the 350 hp and 350 lb-ft of torque was clearly enough, but there’s never enough for Hennessey Performance. And they did everything they could to make this beast of a car just a bit more beastly.
The Hennessey Performance Ford Focus RS package, HPE400, also comes with a long list of additional upgrades, including a high-flow air filter and a stainless steel exhaust upgrade which is aimed to make the vehicle’s exhaust even louder, just for the thrills.
As for just how quickly the Ford Focus RS can accelerate with this package, we do not know yet, but the basic version of the car already can go from zero to 60 miles per hour in a mere 4.6 seconds. There’s no telling just how powerful it could get with this package.
If you’re interested in learning more about the 2017 Ford Focus RS or its Hennessey Performance upgrade, feel free to contact us or visit us anytime at Highway Ford.
Spending the hot summer days having fun is one thing but kicking back and relaxing is another. Not every summer day has to be an adventure, unlike most movies say. Sometimes the best way to spend the day is relaxing in the peace and quiet. Here at Highway Ford, we have some of the best summer activities to help you make the most of the season!
- Hammock – There’s nothing quite like spending an afternoon under a tree or on the porch. A decent hammock doesn’t cost much in terms of money and is an incredibly relaxing way to spend the day. It doesn’t take long to set up, and provided you can get everyone to leave you alone, napping in the shade is one of the best ways to relax.
- Grill – Summer is a great time to try a new grilling recipe. Whether it’s for yourself or you use your family and friends as guinea pigs, this is the season to try something new! Grilling recipes are easily accessible online and through physical cookbooks. Pick one that’s right for you and give it a shot!
- Swim – One of the most obvious ways to spend the summer, swimming provides a way to cool off as well as getting the kids active. Head to the local swimming hole or pool and splash around for the day!